Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Part 2 - Pics from a MTB road trip to SW USA

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  mikeyonthemadone 
#1 · (Edited)
NOTE : My Pics are bigger than what appear on MTBR page , if using Chrome right mouse click on pictures and select Open Image in New Tab to see Full sized pics..

Day 5 - Moab Captain Ahab

I swapped my 26" wheels and chainset over onto ricks bike to try and minimse the wear and tear on his bike, and keep my tubeless tyres setup, and I bought a crank brothers dropper post for the bike which had a different seat tube dimeter to mine, from a bike shop in St George and then made the long drive to Moab, in my rather full suv which now had two bikes in it

When I arrived at Moab late afternoon I got myself booked in on Whole Enchilda shuttle and then drove up to the Amasa Back trail head to try a new trail to me Captain Ahab

The sun was going down as I headed up Amasa back, and there were loads of bats flying around

I managed to get onto the Ahab trail just before needing to turn on my lights

It was a fantastic evening hardly any wind and pitch black apart from the light from the stars as there was no moon

In the more open areas i messed around with my long timer - I didnt do this among the big rocks in case anything decided to jump on me from above ;)

I saw a few of this critters on the trail

The Ahab trail was a hoot in the dark - I think I probabley rode more of the trail than i would have in the day - as lights flatten out the rocky down bits and I couldnt see down the big drops.. I saw no one else out on the trail that night

Where i live in England you never see the milky way due to light polution, so it was cool seing the night sky so clearly.

Got to head to work now - will post whole pics from Whole Enchilda next...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.