Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Weekend trip

872 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bear 
#1 ·
Thursday after work,myself Turbo Tom, Dan, Fran and Anderson loaded up the truck and drove thru the night 13hrs into the great state of Wisconsin to ride in the John Muir Fall color fest.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bicycle frame Mode of transport

after the long drive, we made a stop at a local IHOP downed some breakfast, and hit the trails. We rode around the practice area to get the feelings back in our legs after that drive
Human Wood Bicycle frame Bicycle clothing Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

Clothing Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel
Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle tire
Bicycle wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Leisure

We rode 14miles of some of the best trails i have ever been on. Fast hard pack single track, pounding downhills.
Around 3pm we were all feeling the effects of driving thru the night and checked into a local hotel

After resting up we made our way to Lake Geneva for some Chicago style deep dish pizza and local flavor. THE best pizza ever!
Wood Residential area Trunk Automotive parking light Shrub

Green T-shirt Cap Signage Advertising

Food Ingredient Dish Tableware Carmine

We called it an early night as we had our sights set on the trails the following morning.
Myself, Tom and Anderson and Fran were signed up to ride in the 12mile event. Dan opted for the 5.
The event was well organized and the weather could not have been better.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle

About 1mile into it Toms Chain broke and this was the end for him..or was it:thumbsup:
I was having major issues with a new rim, the spoke tension was gone and it was a wobble ride:madman:
Anderson & Fran rode like a champs. I had a crash & burn at some point but ended with a respectable finish given the circumstances.
Plant Bicycle frame Bicycle Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Tom Had his chain repaired and registered to ride the 5mile with Dan. To sum it up Tom took 3rd place overall in the Mens 5mile, and Fran took 1st in his age division.
Eyewear Goggles Sunglasses Cap Beard

Produce Podium Whole food Crew Trunk

Dan also had a strong finish!
With that behind us we had room for some beers and chill time..
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame
Hat Sunglasses Goggles Cooler Baggage
Eyewear Cap Arm Vision care Finger

Leg Smile Hand Hat Community

Called it a successful day and again retired to our hotel room.
We went to Dans in laws for some steak tacos and great hospitality
had more local flavor
Glass bottle Product Brown Bottle Alcohol

Early the next morning we made a break to return to our homes here in PA. I enjoyed every minute of this trip and was also looking forward to riding back home.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.