Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Straightline defactos pedal maintenance. (Squeaking and Chirping)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  zebrahum 
#1 ·
I'm debating on trying to fix my noisy pedals. They've developed a nasty squeak and chirp this year and it's annoying the hell out of me. I initially replaced my BB thinking that was it but I'm almost certain it's my Straightline pedals making the noise now. It always happens on certain inclines that are say 15-20%. But they are starting to make the chirp noise more and more now. I don't even want to ride like this. :madman:

So, I checked out there website and apparently it's supposed to be really "easy" to work on these. All you really need is a screw driver apparently. I also called them. They advised me that I probably don't need a rebuild kit but should take them apart and then clean the bushings with some soap and water. Then apply a small amount of grease to the bushings. It's seems pretty easy but I haven't done this and don't want to mess things up. Mainly the bushings. In the bottom video below they mention using a Screw Extractor to remove the bushings. Does anyone know of an alternative method to remove them that works good? Or has anyone maintenance their straightlines?

STRAITLINE COMPONENTS: Simplicity of Straitline Pedals!

I've never had this issue with other Pedals so it's kind of frustrating. They do mention to maintenance them occasionally in the manual. I've had mine 4 years so I suppose I'm over due. But, I've never had to do this with my other pedals. I don't think I'll need the rebuild kit but I'll see when I take them apart. I have a little bit of side to side play on one pedal but not much on the other.

Anyway, appreciate any help!

Also, the guy in the link below has the same sentiments as I do regarding squeaking! :D

Singletrack Geek: Straitline Lenosky Platform Pedals - SG Review

This is what also makes me think the pedals are making the noise. I greased all the bolts on my Cranks already and they should be good.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.