Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

N9 questions

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  coleam 
#1 ·
Starting to look at these for a build. I read that some people were having issues with some brake brands. I have a set of Hope M4's with a 160 rear rotor I want to use. Does anyone have any experience using these with the N9? I also want to be able to use my Revelate Designs medium tangle bag with the frame and still use the water bottle holder. Is there enough space in the triangle? I'm 6'1" so I'm pretty sure I would need a large frame.
Thanks,
Chad

#2 ·
Aircooled - We produced a replacement brake mount that moved the brake from the chainstay to the seatstay. This will allow MOST brakes to mount without an issue. I can't say 100% on the M4's as we haven't physically mounted a set, but we see no reason that it should not fit.

At 6'1" we would recommend a Large for sure!

Feel free to hit us up if you have any other questions!

#9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm still deciding between the N9 and Carver 420. So with the new brake adapters you don't have to loosen the brake caliper to remove the wheel? I'm just thinking about in the woods, not wanting to chance loosing stuff. Also, any problems with 2 X10? I'm thinking about running single speed with a Shimano crank, and having the option to run a 1 X 10, and even put on a double crank to go to the mountains. Is the cable for the front derailure a solid housing like the rear? I'm trying to go one bike that I can switch the setup on and maximize the fun factor.
Again thanks,
Chad

#10 ·
So with the new brake adapters you don't have to loosen the brake caliper to remove the wheel? I'm just thinking about in the woods, not wanting to chance loosing stuff.
Correct. Mine came with the old dropout installed and the new one in a baggie. It was easy to swap them.

Also, any problems with 2 X10? I'm thinking about running single speed with a Shimano crank, and having the option to run a 1 X 10, and even put on a double crank to go to the mountains.
I'm currently running 1x9 (32T chainring) on a Deore LX crankset with no issues. Couldn't fit any spacers, bit it doesn't need any. Chainline looks good, though clearance is a tad tight. You might need spacers to fit a 2x crank depending on what rings you use.

Is the cable for the front derailure a solid housing like the rear? I'm trying to go one bike that I can switch the setup on and maximize the fun factor.
Yep, solid housing for the front as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.