Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2011 rox shock reba RL solo rebuild kit/upgrade.

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jochribs 
#1 ·
I am looking for a rebuild kit for a 2011 rox shock reba RL solo front shock system. I have seen kits for the dual air, not solo. Next question, the factory stumpjumper comp 29er HT has 90 mm of travel, can I buy a front sys with 100mm of travel as an upgrade to my factory 90mm?

#2 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can reduce travel from 100 to 90 by inserting a 10 mm spacer, but not the other way around. All internals are made for 90 mm, and so were stanchions. If you need a longer fork (longer axle-to-crown) then try looking at thicker headset or get a new pair of forks.

You have a reason to believe your internal is messed up in need of rebuild? Oil change and clean up can be done by reading manual and get seals and wipers (Reba RLT | SRAM).

But if you want a pro rebuild (which I suspect yours is in order?) then PUSH maybe your best bet (Push Industries - REBA). They are very reputable, professional guys.

Let us know how it goes.:)

#3 ·
I think that might be wrong. I'm pretty sure that the Reba's that were on the Stumpjumper's 2012 and earlier were 100mm forks, just spaced down to 90mm. I have one (2012 Reba RL on a 2012 Stumpjumper HT) and it sits at just below the 20% mark, without me on it, proving the stanchions are regular length.

According to Specialized, changing the fork from 90 to 100 was possible, but 'could' possibly void the warranty because they only approved of a 10% increase, which would be 99mm as opposed to 100mm. I think that's utter crap, and is completely contradicted by the Evo which runs a 100mm fork and is the same frame. Probably just the rep talking crap that morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.