Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Gloves-let it rip

3K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  TrpDSgt 
#1 ·
I'm asking for glove recommendations. I've decided against half finger ones. I guess what I'm asking for is, if you think you have good gloves, tell me about them. I'm not looking to see a fight, just your glove love. Thanks.

#5 ·
I run Fox Bomber gloves - they have the carbon fiber want-a-be looking stuff on the knuckles. After two crashes on street bikes (at a track) and wearing gloves with hard protection on the knuckles and seeing the damage they took vs my hand I won't wear anything that doesn't have that sort of protection. Damage wasn't from sliding on asphalt for 50 feet, but from the initial impact into the pavement, which could easily be a rock on a trail to relate it back to mtn biking. The bombers vent good and I have ridden with them on very long rides in hot weather and don't have any issues with heat, comfort or grip.
I know you stated you didn't want to see a fight, but if it came to that, these or the 661's mentioned already would give you a distinct advantage.;)

#6 ·
I picked up a pair of Giro DND's this spring and they are awesome. They fit nice and snug and the leather type material used on the palms and fingers grip really well. Even without a strap they stay nice and tight. I've also run Fox Digits and Dirtpaws but both had issues with bunching on the palms during long descents which would ultimately lead to hand fatigue and an uncomfortable ride. The DND's stay put and are nice and comfy. And they're cheap too!

Giro DND gloves for cyclists

#9 ·
Mechanic Wear gloves. Plenty to choose from and great quality. Plus you can use them for more than just biking.

Check then out at mechanixwear.com

The M-PACT model is sweet, but they also have other versions with more solid knuckle protection, vents, etc.

TASCO Safety has pretty UVB their whole line-up in stock and prices are great too, I think it's tascosafety.com

#13 ·
Fox Reflex Gel gloves for me. best full finger gloves I've checked out.

found an awesome deal at price point and bought several pairs of the 2011 edition for less than 15 bucks a pair. Loved the red/black color scheme that year as well.

arrgh just checked and all they have left is the small in red/black 2011

gnewcomer aka OldMtnGoat

I ride xc/enduro, because baseball, basketball, football and golf require only one ball....

#30 ·
I always have to try on full finger gloves before I buy them.
Yep. They have to fit.
I like to have a little protection on the back of the hand too.

Some seem to like padding or gel inserts but that makes the palm of a glove too bulky for me.

#20 ·
Have been wearing RockGardn Fates and they seem good for the riding I do (mostly commuting and some dirty stuff).

Other reviews have stated that one of the pull-tabs starts to peel off after a while, I've encountered this as well, but simply cut the part off, that tends to stick to the velcro.

Also, if you buy the size according to their sizing chart, they will be a bit small, but will break in and fit nicely after about 2 weeks of regular use.

Cheers from Australia!
-website manager Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.