Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Titus/On One USA frame sale

9K views 54 replies 14 participants last post by  eugenemtbing 
#1 ·
Just got their email newsletter and noticed 3 things on sale through Monday. Great prices --

@ Scandal 29er frame (tapered head tube, swap out dropouts, great geo) for $229
@ Titus X Carbon full sus frame with RS Monarch RT3 rear shock for $849
@ Titus X Carbon full build with RS front shock and X9 components for $2299

I got my On One Lurcher during a one-day sale like this for a screaming price last year. I have put miles on it and am real happy with it.

#7 ·
I got that email last friday too, and it ate at me all weekend- But I had to put it to rest! Now the mission, get that box off the porch, before someone else! LOL!
It was just too crazy of a price to pass up and for me, that X Carbon has been my "gotta have someday" like everyone has over something.

#11 ·
Got my Scandal frame. Always a good sign when you can pick up the 29er frame, box, packaging material and all with one finger.

Great frame at a super price!

Noticed today that the On One UK site is running bargain prices on the 29er carbon Lurcher frame again. Got lots of time on mine and love it.

Finger Wrist Flower Watch Petal

Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Line Font

Yellow Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Black

#12 ·
Why did you went from Lurcher to Scandal? I am currently riding with my On One Whippet. I love the geo and looking to move for bigger wheel size. What I have understood is that I can get same geo with Lurcher/Scandal/Race 29er. Just can't figure it out which is the way to go for my new marathon/endurance racing frame.

#14 ·
Arisaast, the main difference between the Scandal and the Lurcher is whether you prefer your frame to be made of aluminum or carbon.

They are both light, have the same geometry, have swapable dropouts, and have the same tapered head tube and thus accept the same fork options.

I really like the geo of my Lurcher (set up for geared AM riding with a Reba) and my steel 29er Inbred (set up for bikepacking with a rigid fork).

The reason I got the Scandal was so I could have a light 29er set up for SS riding.

#17 ·
Does anyone know if there are any additional costs when ordering from On-One's UK site? The prices they have on the Lurcher and Inbred SS are crazy but the USA site wont match. Just curious if there are import charges or if what you see when you checkout is all you will pay.

#19 ·
~9% isn't too bad at all. I have never ordered something like this internationally but everyone that owns the frames speak highly and the prices are too good to pass up.

Thanks for the info!

for anyone interested when I emailed the USA site they stated that they couldn't match the low price on the Lurcher but they did say that effective Monday 6/10/13 they will have a special new price on them. So, heads up regarding that at least.

#26 ·
Monday?

~9% isn't too bad at all. I have never ordered something like this internationally but everyone that owns the frames speak highly and the prices are too good to pass up.

Thanks for the info!

for anyone interested when I emailed the USA site they stated that they couldn't match the low price on the Lurcher but they did say that effective Monday 6/10/13 they will have a special new price on them. So, heads up regarding that at least.
It is Monday ... same prices .... oh well?

#20 ·
I have ordered tires, lights, gloves, clothes from On One UK to Oregon. Never paid extra, but it was not a large item like a frame.

In general, I have found that these
occasional frame sales by On One/Planet X/Titus -- both in UK and US -- are worth paying attention to. Can get excellent frames at ridiculously low prices.

#29 ·
Thanks eugenemtbing. What is the normal wait time for delivery? Not looking for exact numbers but just hoping for a general idea.

I will hopefully be ordering the Inbred SS 29er (special) and the Lurcher (black/grey) at some point this weekend. My first two builds!
I ordered a Fireline on the 28th, it shipped on the 3rd and I got it on the 8th. Not bad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.