Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Copper Canyon, Mexico ~Video~

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  jordancote 
#1 ·
#4 ·
#8 ·
Copper Canyon tours

I'm told one of the better Barranco Cobre (Copper Canyon) MTB tour companies is http://www.remolino.com. Ray Molina has been doing tours in the area for many years and I hear his jaunts usually end up doing some unexpectedly cool stuff.

BTW, I believe Ray is the guy who developed the first 4-inch MTB wheels so he could do sand dune rides at Samalayuca. His wheels are used by many Iditabike racers as well. His web site no longer says anything about trips to the Dunes at Samalayuca, but if you contact him, you might want to ask about it.

#17 ·
CraigH said:
Thanks for posting the video.

Was that one ride, or multiple rides in one video?

Are the other trails you rode similar to this or different?
Each of the videos are one ride. The terrain in Copper Canyon varies from the top to the bottom. Up top it's sort of like a moonscape with a mix of old lava formations that are like slickrock and some desert scape as well. Down in the valley it's a more rich soil but can still be rocky.

To be honest, I went for the experience. To be able to sample another country in an area that has not been spoiled by proximaty to the boarder is truly amazing. The culture is phenomenal. Oh yeh, the riding ain't half bad either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.