Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Showing off my finished Niner Jet 9 RDO!!

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Bailey44 
#1 ·
Hey All! Thought I'd throw up a post showing off my new baby! Finally finished it tonight, and I think it's pretty much ready to rock the trails.

My goal for this bike was not to be for the Weight Weenie.. Not a ultra XC racer...

This is going to be a very fast, trail capable ride. I should be able to hop in a race, do some XX loops, get a little air... everything from beginner, to expert in the midwest. I don't really see anything that this bike can't do in my area.

Niner Jet 9 RDO
Fox 32 Talas 120
Sram XO Drivetrain
Shimano XT Brakes
Niner RDO Bars
Odi Rogue Grips
Thompson X4 Stem 90mm
KS LEV Dropper Post 125mm
Roval Trail 29 Carbon Rims
Schwalbe Nobby Nic Tires (Tubeless)
Fizik Aliante FS Seat
Premium Slim Pedals

Hope you all like it.. but what matters I suppose, is that I absolutely love it!

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I like it...a lot.

I had my new RDO on a technical trail for the first time last night. It had me actually laughing out loud. I was picking crap lines and hitting corners at weird angles and that thing would just stick and go. There are times it scares me as it carries so much speed. I have a feeling the first wreck is gonna hurt.

I guess I have never had a bike that the suspension works this well. I thought my ASR5C worked well, my Rocky Mountain seemed fine and my Epic wasn't so bad but they are not even close to the RDO. It just seems really efficient and each pedal stroke is quickly turned into speed. It reminds me of my road bike.

I also like how quite the RDO is, I can ride right on people's tire and they don't know I'm there until I pass(I just do this to buddies). Part of this is the XX1, I think.

I am uncertain how much of my experience is the RDO and how much is from coming off a 26 and on to a 29 for the first time.

#5 ·
I like it...a lot.

I am uncertain how much of my experience is the RDO and how much is from coming off a 26 and on to a 29 for the first time.
Some will be the big wheels for sure, But most will be the RDO, I have owned & ridden a lot of 29er's & the Jet9 RDO is a stand out.

I'm pleased you are liking it so much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.