Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2005 Kona Stuff

8K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  snaky69 
#1 · (Edited)
If you own one,(the bike called Stuff) how good is it holding up and how long have you been riding it?

#5 ·
I run a 2004 kona stuff and it is holding up great. I bought it from a friend who had been riding it for about a year and I have had it for about 4 months. The frame is nice and stiff and there have been no problems there. The rims aren't that good, both of mine are bent and traded out for stronger ones. The drop off comp was ok, I have an 02 super t on there now and it totally changed the ride of the bike, it went from very dirt jump oriented to more freeride, I like it and wouldn't go back. The componants are pretty basic and doing well, not perfect but they are pretty basic and do what they are supposed to do fairly well. The stem/bar setup is great and really stiff. The brakes are ok but they need to be adjusted all the time and I will be replacing them as soon as I can but they work for now. Anyway, great bike that is really versitile and tough.

#6 ·
I've got over 20 rides and maybe 150 miles on mine. That includes lots of DJ, one 15+ mile XC ride (XC bike was broken), 1 day of shuttling DH, a bunch of urban rides, and some short XC rides. I've had no major probelms yet. It runs really well and is tough. I did change the both deraileurs and pedals right away. There was nothing wrong with the old stuff, I just had higher end parts laying around. I still have the stock shifters on there and it shifts perfectly. 8 speed is much more reliable than 9.

#8 ·
MaRkkk said:
Could anyone help me which size of Stuff is the best for me? :rolleyes:
I'm 168 cm tall. XS or S ?
thx
P.S.: send more stuff pics :D
I am 5'6'' and have the medium frame, there is only .5 inch difference between the small and medium so meh.

I'd say go for either, depending on what you want to do, for a nimble bike smaller is better, for trails though go for bigger, they are better climbers :p

and here's another pic of my stuff with me on it :p

and my stuff, with '05 disc rotors on it

#15 ·
I am thinking of building a......

Stuff, Roast or Cowan.

What size frames you guys riding and how tall are you?

I am 5' 7" with a 30" inseam.

I ride mostly urban and singletrak with roots, logs and small drops. I also commute occasionally (6 miles each way) on the road.

Thanks
Gordi

#16 ·
MTB-5O said:
Stuff, Roast or Cowan.

What size frames you guys riding and how tall are you?

I am 5' 7" with a 30" inseam.

I ride mostly urban and singletrak with roots, logs and small drops. I also commute occasionally (6 miles each way) on the road.

Thanks
Gordi
I'm 5'10" and ride a Medium Stuff. It looks like a Medium would be perfect for you.
Here's another recent Stuff pic:

#18 ·
fsac30 said:
I ride a large, 17" I'm 6'2. If your 5'7 I would go with the med. at your size, but ask your Kona dealer they'll fit you up right.
I ride a medium and I am 5'6'', the small would fit but since I'm still growing I went with the medium frame, I'm getting my mavics tomorrow, then I'm going to kick some ass on the jumps

It'll look cool too: black tyre, silver rim, black spokes, silver disk, black fork. Hhehehe

#19 ·
snaky69 said:
I ride a medium and I am 5'6'', the small would fit but since I'm still growing I went with the medium frame, I'm getting my mavics tomorrow, then I'm going to kick some ass on the jumps

It'll look cool too: black tyre, silver rim, black spokes, silver disk, black fork. Hhehehe
Damn, the order was delayed, I'll have to wait until monday :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.