Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

downtube protectors

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  adumb 
#1 ·
just got a nice new carbon bike and want to get a good protector for the downtube bottom bracket area. one used bike i had used what looked like a squar piece of carbon that bolted up to the holes on the bottom of the downtube on the specialized i had. wouldn't mind finding who made it or maybe something simliar. don't really like the idea of the tape. if at all possible i would like one of the nice ones that bolt up all nice. anybody have any idea of where to find something like that?

if it matter or anyone knows something specific to a 2013 specialized epic that would be the best.

thanks,
adam

#5 ·
just got a nice new carbon bike and want to get a good protector for the downtube bottom bracket area. one used bike i had used what looked like a squar piece of carbon that bolted up to the holes on the bottom of the downtube on the specialized i had. wouldn't mind finding who made it or maybe something simliar. don't really like the idea of the tape. if at all possible i would like one of the nice ones that bolt up all nice. anybody have any idea of where to find something like that?

if it matter or anyone knows something specific to a 2013 specialized epic that would be the best.

thanks,
adam
dont know if cytoe makes epic ones, but here is a link to his ad, I have a tallboy one

Rock protection for Santa Cruz and Niner frames - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

here is a post about an epic one
http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/carbon-kevlar-downtube-bottom-bracket-guard-733739.html

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.