Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What to do with old lights and batteries? X-post from Lights/NR board.

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Finch Platte 
#1 ·
I've got a box full of old old old NiteRider lights and batteries. They would wear out & I would just buy a new system. *sigh* Those were the days. I know I can take the batteries to a recycling center (or if you have a better idea, that's great), but is there anything useful I can do with the head units?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I'm in the process of upgrading a NiteRider miNewt head to an XML LED.

If you're into the DIY thing there's already a post by mattthemuppet (search for minewt upgrade) giving an idea of what you'd need to do. I should have my upgrade thread posted in the next few days.

If you just want to sell/trade them then let me know. I'm always interested in spare stuff to take apart and mess with. :)

#3 ·
If you just want to sell/trade them then let me know. I'm always interested in spare stuff to take apart and mess with. :)
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting some cash or goods for the stuff. Would you want the batteries as well? They'd be pretty heavy to ship. :eekster:

I'm out of town, so when I get back I'll shoot you a pic of what I've got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.