Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bruised Tendon

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  skullcap 
#1 · (Edited)
Ten days ago I took a fall on my bike and landed hard on my knee. Specifically the bony protrusion just below and to the right of my right kneecap. Doctor says it's a bruised tendon and will take "a few weeks" to heal and that I'll be off the bike "awhile". She said it was up to me to decide when that seemed OK. I did RICE (Rest Ice Compression Elevation) for the first week. I'm still keeping it wrapped and now I'm applying heat, massage and gentle stretching. I'm taking Aleve twice a day. The swelling just started going down yesterday and it's still waking me up and keeping me awake at night, so obviously it's not ready for the bike yet.

So my question is this: Has anyone had this kind of injury and what can I do to speed up the recovery? And yes, I really just want to rush this if I can so I get back on my bike sooner. :D So any tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.