Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2010 HiFi Cracked Linkage

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tyrone.minton 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Last year I cracked a chain stay and Trek was great about getting a new one out to me. Lately I've been feeling a little wash out in the rear end when I take left hand turns. Today I was cleaning the bike and got close enough to the "wishbone" linkage that connect the seat stay to the front triangle and shock. There are 4 fairly large cracks through it that, when I push down the seat, open in a manner that would yield my "washy" feeling on left handers.

Anyone else experienced this issue with this part? Up to this point I had just been tightening joints thinking **** was just getting loose...

Do you think Trek will be able to warranty this part? Is it considered under the lifetime frame warranty?

#3 ·
Warranty Replacement of Magnesium Link with CF Link

My rear suspension on a 2010 HiFi Pro started feeling mushy then I noticed that the magnesium link had cracked right around one of the link bolts. If your LBS has a good reputation doing warranty replacement there should not be an issue. I brought my bike in, they sent a photo to Trek and I had my bike back with a new carbon fiber link 5 days later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.