Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mountain Biking Shoes

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Sasquatch1413 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any company that makes Mountain biking shoes in a size 15M US. Ive never had clips and id like to try them. Finding a shoe my size is the problem.

#3 ·
I need at least a 15, 15 1/2 to 16 usually fit better. I know with bike shoes I want a tight fit. But I dont wanna cut of blood circulation. Most of time the size most comfortable will vary based on brand of the shoe. But as I cant ever find any in stock to try on.... The other issue with my feet is I dont have much of an arch. Im not flat footed, but if there is much of an arch, like I find with most nike's, it hurts my feet.

#4 ·
I'm not going to suggest shoes but rather a retailer. Try looking through Zappos.com to see what they have. Their return policy and free shipping both ways can't be beat. Especially if you have a hard to fit situation. Good luck with your search.

#6 · (Edited)
I have had a pair in size 16 for a while now. They work. I am not super excited about them,but they are a quality shoe. Pretty much the only shoe I could find in that size that wasn't $300 or more. I don't think you will be disappointed. Mine fit me a little on the tight side, but not enough to cut off circulation.

Also, you can probably find them at a better price than zappos has them for, search the Internet for that model. The m087 is fine too and comes in big sizes for a bit cheaper.

#8 ·
Yes, I'd say they are true to size. All my shoes are size 16. Sneakers I always wear new balance, 997s I believe. Also have some Hi-Tec hiking boots and some doc martens boots, both 16. The shimanos are not something I would want to wear off the bike because of the stiff soul, but clipped in they feel good. I would say they are bit narrow, but I do wear a wide when it comes to dress shoes.

#11 ·
http://forums.mtbr.com/clydesdales-tall-riders/clipless-shoes-big-feet-764819.html

I have a pair of the shimano MO87G's in a size 51, I wear a 15 in Nikes. Good shoe, good price, will last about 1.5-2 years with heavy use. Pricepoint has the best price now with free shipping.

Sidis are a better shoe, I had a pair of dominators that separated at the toe after 3 years. They fit differently than the shimanos and had a narrower toe box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.