Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

licensed dealer on ebay?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Goran_injo 
#1 ·
I've seen a few that claim to sell new frames with a warranty. Giant doesn't allow online sales do they? Is it bogus?

#2 ·
I read somewhere else on MTBR that these frames are possible knock-offs. I've seen the ebay listing, as I am also interested in the frameset for this bike. The listing looks sketchy and they don't say who the dealer is. I'd rather pay a couple hundred more and get it from a licensed dealer.

#3 ·
I have bought a Trance X from NP Bikes, trading on eBay as Bicycling Blowouts. Frame has arrived and seems to be in order, with the headset, instructions and warranty all being present.

It is a risk, especially as I am in the UK and the frame has a US warranty, but it was considerably cheaper than local prices for that quality of frame.

Only problem I seem to have is the headset cups have arrived one stuck inside the other, but the shop has been helpful and has answered emails quickly.

Was my first time buying anything this expensive online. Hope this helps.

#6 ·
That's an interesting link. Thanks for sharing. I clicked through it out of curiosity. I clicked on the 2012 X1 29er and selected small. It said I had selected it in black (a black 2012 X1 29er in black does not exist). They may have special permission from Giants sales rep to sell off old stock but once again, you need to be careful. Like I pointed out, their site is not accurate and your warranty would be hard to follow up on. Oh, and if I wanted it shipped to my house, it added almost $250. I'd rather have LBS support for a bit more than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.