Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Internal Cable Routing

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Phishin Paul 
#1 ·
So I am SLOWLY building up my Zeus. Everything is ready but the wheels. Backorder 2 plus weeks on hubs and spokes came a week late. My wife thinks I have a problem because she keep catching me starring at the frame in the garage:).

Anyway, the internal cable routing is new to me. I have not purchased a new bike in over 4 years. For some reason I was expecting to have to fish out the cable on the far side once put in. Not the case at all. Housing goes in one side, pops right out where you need it at the other end. So, there has to be some sort of routing straw of some sort internally correct? How ever he did it it is damn cool. Does anyone know how the internal tubing is built to accomandate the housing/cables?

#3 ·
So I am SLOWLY building up my Zeus. Everything is ready but the wheels. Backorder 2 plus weeks on hubs and spokes came a week late. My wife thinks I have a problem because she keep catching me starring at the frame in the garage:).

Anyway, the internal cable routing is new to me. I have not purchased a new bike in over 4 years. For some reason I was expecting to have to fish out the cable on the far side once put in. Not the case at all. Housing goes in one side, pops right out where you need it at the other end. So, there has to be some sort of routing straw of some sort internally correct? How ever he did it it is damn cool. Does anyone know how the internal tubing is built to accomandate the housing/cables?
There are small diameter (but big enough for housing) tubes welded INSIDE the DT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.