Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Brundage bike park questions

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  formica 
#1 ·
I just found out that I need to be in McCall Idaho in a couple of weeks for a wedding. While looking for things to do on Sunday after everyone has left, I found out about Brundage ski resort. If I was going to the wedding alone, I would definitely bring my bike and spend all day there. However, my girlfriend will be coming with me, and she is not prepared for any trails that have any technical aspects to them.

So my question is: are there any lines up there that are suitable to an absolute beginner? That means no mandatory jumps, no drops larger than 8 inches, and no sharp switchbacks. I took her riding once in an area she was not ready for, and it wound up being a horrible experience for both of us.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

#2 · (Edited)
yep! Elk trail will be your friend. It must be the easiest trail I have ever ridden at a resort. No drops, no jumps, no killer switchbacks just full speed smiles for miles. Expect lots of dust and probably even some smoke from all the fires.
(edit)
A photo of Mtngirl up on the very top of Elk trail.(look at that smile) Most of the trail is not much more difficult than what you see here. I do not remember the name of the very short trail I am stopped in the middle of but it was way fun. It split off and then rejoined Elk trail a few minutes later, it had some bumps, drops, and rocks in it that I liked.

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I called the resort to get thier opinion, and they mentioned that they recently had a 5 year old ride down elk trail with no problems, but it did take her a couple of hours. It looks like I won't be riding any of the harder trails, unless I can convince the gf to stay at the bottom while I do a quick run. But it should be worth it if she enjoys herself.

Out of curiosity, how long does it normally take to ride down elk trail? My only experience with resort riding is mt. Hood and Stevens Pass. The longest run at either of those places is only 10 minutes or so.

Thanks again

#4 ·
Elk Trail is about a 20 min ride. If you plan on 40 mins then you won't be stressed and your gf will have more fun. I've taken my wife and kids on Elk Trail and they liked it. Go back on a day when the lifts aren't running and bomb it by yourself too- then it gets a lot better!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.