Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sacramento to Oakland. Any trails off I-80w?

837 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  JMac47 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I plan to make a trip to Oakland from Sacramento. Are there any trails you can recommend that's not too far from I-80w for a XC or trail rider?

#4 ·
Rockville is good but I call that place the anti-flow.

Skyline is 15 minutes off of 80 in the same vicinity. Still plenty technical but a bit more open.

Skyline Wilderness - Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides [There is a path you can ride up from across the street from the College. That gets you to the loop shown on this site and makes the ride a bit longer.

This is the place where my avatar came from. Got off the bike to walk over a couple of boulders at the entry to a switchback and my plastic soled SPD shoes were useless for traction and I fell down while walking. Proud moment.

#5 ·
How bout CC?

Didn't see that mentioned and more XC then Rockville. Not knocking it but you did say XC. Don't know the Vacaville place mentioned but between those 2, and Skyline, China Camp would be the best for an XC ride and for when/if the heat wave returns. 80W->Richmond Bridge->Central or N. San Pedro exits in San Rafael.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.