Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ride da Moon

57K views 481 replies 47 participants last post by  NEPMTBA 
#1 ·
Fun will continue this Wednesday night 5/30/12 at da mOOn

Meet at da Main Gate, 6 PM

Welcome newest member "Barney" Buddy's little brother!

He prolly won't be in attendance for awhile as he has been sent out for suspension modifications and power upgrades, but soon enough he will be ripping right along and getting lots of snacks!

Attachments

See less See more
#227 ·
12/12/12

The only time you'll ever be able to Ride da mOOn on 12/12/12...

...be part of history, and you can always remember where you were on 12/12/12

Meet at da Main Gate, 6 PM, on Trail at 6:15PM
:band::band::band:

Attachments

#230 ·
What about 01/01/2101 or 02/02/2202 or 03/03/2103 or 04/04/2104 or 05/05/2105 or 06/06/2106...

Forever is a long time, I'm waiting for a ride on 12/12/121,212 at 12:12:12 PM. I'm planning on coming back as a rock with arms and legs in my next life. I hope they have mountain bikes in 119,200 years or it will be tough to go for the really epic mountain bike ride...

#4 · (Edited)
Ride da mOOn 5/30/12...

...mix of old and new crews, one new guy, a few Mt Top guys too!

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Ferns...

Attachments

#9 ·
I'll be riding there 2 saturday's from now with my better half. What would be a good 10-12 mile sequence of trails there?

I rode there a few years back and by the looks of the map, did 5858 and maybe hit flume, maybe missed it and wound up all the way down by the resevoir on the opposite side of 29 and had a burly hike-a-bike back up to Moon Lake Park, then hit t-rex and screamer.

I'd like to avoid dragging wifey on a hike-a-bike. The revised map looks pretty good.

#12 ·
I'll be riding there 2 saturday's from now with my better half. What would be a good 10-12 mile sequence of trails there?

I rode there a few years back and by the looks of the map, did 5858 and maybe hit flume, maybe missed it and wound up all the way down by the resevoir on the opposite side of 29 and had a burly hike-a-bike back up to Moon Lake Park, then hit t-rex and screamer.

I'd like to avoid dragging wifey on a hike-a-bike. The revised map looks pretty good.
If you have the map start at Main Gate head out Thorny, Big Blue, 5 Tree, Moto, Burts, Nitemare to (Nature Center) down Buddys, Twister, hard left onto Slide(down) to(Traffic circle), Dark, up Screamer(to campground paved road to)T-Rex2 to end, right up dirt road to the water tanks(highest point) then head down NFS, up Flume, 5858 and back at Deacon which you could ride or head back out Nauture's Way 1 should be tired by then!... LOL

Hike a bike? well?.... prolly, but lots of fun in between!:D

#16 ·
Hello neighbor!:thumbsup:

Rides from the Bat Cave leave at 6 PM most weekdays, where we end up is a total mystery, and they vary in distance,:eekster: danger,:madmax: and place,:confused: riding the train bridge is awesome, only a 50 foot drop to rocks or little water unless you fall over the channel... LOL:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

#19 · (Edited)
Great mix of riders

Lots of new, mostly new, and the old school supporters...

...hit da mOOn as the mOOn family grows every week!

Ride started off, NW1, NW2, What, NW2, Ledgeview, 8, T-Rex1, T-Rex2, CG 32, Ol'Yeller, Go'in Down, Watkins, Mo-Zee, Peek-A-Boo, Big Blue, Thorny!

Super night to ride, welcome to new guy pedalpusher from Chicago, via Lewisburg, good to see Rob C, the BMX kid and his friend, the guy with the 3 Go Pros... LOL, sorry I forgot your name, and Damian? Help me guys as names escape me! Well, any way, lots of talented riders having a blast, as everyone rode what they liked and split up a few times hitting different trails!

Good to see Kuhlkat earlier in the day!

Motoman, good to hear you'll be riding with us!

bear, NICE FREEK'IN BIKE, best of luck with it!

Haven't seen Rich Adams in a while

Dave & Amy, Glenn, Bill, Chuck Cam, Ron, Jon S.

If I missed ya, shout out!

Great stuff guys!
Ride da mOOn
See ya all next week:thumbsup:

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
Nice to see everyone having lots of fun tonight...

...riders hitting trails of their choice.

Lots o pics tell the story, even bear tracks on Peek-A-Boo trail.

Attachments

#26 ·
It was a great afternoon ... i got out early and hit a bunch o-the trails ... was surprised I ran into nobody at all on the trail considering how many cars were out the front gate when I got back!

Now if I could just get my lazy-butt rear tire to quit slipping sideways when wet and muddy it's be grreat - more than a couple near-hits vs tree!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.