Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dome, Deep, Dumb, Done

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Elfbkr50 
#1 ·
In years past, the Dome trail has been rideable this time of year from top to bottom, up and down. I've been daydreaming and looking forward to riding it this spring. The bottom half had very little traffic until a snowmachiner rode it. The upper half it turned out, steered away from the summer trail totally and was simply a skin track put in by some skiers that enjoyed some nice turns down the southwest face. Although it was a skin track, it was supportable under foot. I rode/hiked up the military fence line to Basher road, and crossed the gully to access the main trail. It was rideable until the skin track took off in switch backs up to the left. I hate to say too much snow, but for this venture, there is too much snow. Give it a shot though. Maybe if enough of us go, it will be epic.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have been curious about doing this trail after hearing about it being rideable last year. During this time of year do we still have to check in with the military base to see if it is open? I would be interested in a push up this coming weekend provided the weather is good.

#3 ·
Yep. Get a pass

Call in. It is area 429, and has been open all winter. Shouldn't be a problem. Good to have the pass with you in case, in the smallest chance one of the MP's happens to be driving the road if you are on it (tank trail road).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.