Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tazer fs worth the trouble?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  .WestCoastHucker. 
#1 ·
hey,
As you all know i race DH but was looking on ebay and saw a schweet intense tazer fs. Was wondering if anyone has ridden one? Even though i work at a bike shop its super cheap and looks nice. The guy lives close to me in palo alto and i got to see the bike the other day. Reviews/rants/opinions? Should i just say screw it and buy a p3?
here is a pic and the link to the auction-- give me your opinion
Intense Tazer FS

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
They seem like pretty good slalom bikes. I've heard people dj on them too and are fine but I've also heard of people who break them instantly djing. If you were getting it for trail riding/ds/mx then it'd be a sweet bike, maybe dj too I dunno. Go for it if you want, it looks pretty sweet!

#3 ·
Tazers are sweet bikes. I've wanted one for the longest time but have never had the cash for one. That one looks kinda funny to me, like they put on a shorter shock for a lower bb height or something. Watch the movie Evolution by Kirt V. to see that bike fully ripped on. IMO its a sweet dj bike aswell as mtx and slalom.

#5 ·
MX 887 said:
Looks nice but what is going on with the shock. It looks almost bottomed out?
notice the shock is set in the lower hole, theres still more stroke hidden by the linkages

Attachments

#6 ·
Buy it! But as soon as you do, make sure you raise the shock up in the mounting holes. That bike looks way too slack for 4X/DS. I've been meaning to pick up a Tazer FS, just never gotten around to saving my money up for that long. Had to go and buy that motorcycle, damn....

#7 ·
...I have one...

The bike has a low BB. The fork on this bike pictured is set to 80mm and the rear is set up for 4" of travel in the low BB/slack head angle. So, even though it "looks" low, it's correct (although I would run it 100mm front travel and 4" rear with the steep head angle and high bottom bracket).

This bike does everything it supposed to in terms of rider input. It does have a couple of things I don't particularly care for but they are minor. These frames are small - there are only 2 sizes (14.5" = xtra small and 16 = small) and they are very specific to slalom.

I am very happy with the overall quality and construction as well as the ride performance. A Foes Zig Zag is another very good alternative to a Tazer.

If you really want one of these, wait for the VPP version.

See pics here (from the Intense Forum - might try there, too):

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=63856

#8 ·
yup

only like a day and a half i huess ill decide soon, the thing is that its so cheap for such a kick ass jumper and dual slalom racer. Oh well i guess i have like 30 hours to figure it. :cool:

#10 ·
You can't compare it to a P3 at all. So make up your mind what kind of bike you want.
Tazer is a low light and tight slalom race bike. Fast and Smooth
P3 is used for streets, dirts, and FR hardtail. Slower rougher stuff.

Considering that the tazer is an all time classic, and that you're a racer: Tazer.
Get yourself a cheap 2nd hand BMX for dirt jumping.

#11 ·
DeJean said:
You can't compare it to a P3 at all. So make up your mind what kind of bike you want.
Tazer is a low light and tight slalom race bike. Fast and Smooth
P3 is used for streets, dirts, and FR hardtail. Slower rougher stuff.

Considering that the tazer is an all time classic, and that you're a racer: Tazer.
Get yourself a cheap 2nd hand BMX for dirt jumping.
Definitely. The tazer will be a sweet race bike.:drool:

#12 ·
yes..

turns out another project is in the works with a demo 8 pro being here next week so i give you boys full rights to bid on it :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.