Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Best Winnipeg rentals?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mainlane 
#1 ·
I'm here to ask you guys what is the best place to rent bikes in Winnipeg? We're going to be in town weekend after next, but can't bring our bikes due to the cost.

Any opinions?

Thank you for your help.

#3 ·
The major bike shops are

Bike and Beyond
Gords bikes and skis
Olympia on portage
Woodcock cycles
MEC mountain equipment co op

Im not sure if any of them rent or not.

What kind of riding are you doing?
Mainlane, we're in WPG right now, just got your message; went by Woodcock's earlier today. They do a good rental fleet of Kona's. Saw MEC downtown but we didn't go in. Hadn't heard of Bike and Beyond, went by Olympia about ten times also. Gooch's is another cycle/hobby shop also, no rentals though.

Normally I ride XC, old-school style out in Washington State and BC with my spouse. I've heard there are good trails around WPG, so I'm thinking we will be back next summer to find them. Otherwise we'll rent Kona Dew's or just bite the wallet and ship our own if we come out for at least a week.

Yesteday we rode loaners from my brother-in-law. Was great of him to offer, but my ass and legs were killing me at the end of the day, understandably.

Thanks for your help! If you live in Winnipeg I'll look you up next year when we come back!:thumbsup:

#4 ·
No problem, I was hoping to catch you before you were here.

Woodcock is my fav shop, glad they have rentals there.

I forgot to mention Alter Ego sports is a big shop as well.

Make sure you get out to birds hill park next time, its only 15 min past the city limits and has a singletrack based race course, about 8 or 9km per lap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.