Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jamis beginners bike??

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rich1374670x 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I am new to the sport and I am looking for a bike. I currently own a Jamis road bike and I love it. I am planning to hit the trails at least 2 times a week. Now my questions is what do you guys think of the Jamis Trail X3? How is the frame? Is it a good bike to start and then upgrade components later on and built a solid bike?

Thanks
:thumbsup:

#4 ·
It really depends on what type of trails you are going to ride. I don't think the frame is fragile and would break under average conditions if that's what you are worried about but you can say that about pretty much any entry level bike. I just don't like investing tons of money in putting good components on a bottom end frame. Better to build up a Sette if that's what you want. As long as you aren't planning to do large drops the Durango is going to be able to hold up to using it on trails for twice a week and then you can upgrade over time.

#5 ·
I recently bought the Jamis X3 for $450 . I think a fair price. In central FL there are no heavy duty trails so this bike fits in great and am enjoying the ride. Only change was the saddle. We have a Jamis dealer in town who is located across the street from Univ. of Fl and has a good stock of bikes and Jamis knowledge. My wife bought a Jamis Explorer 1 sort of a comfort bike, she loves it.

#8 ·
Jamis 3x

Heck of deal $380 since the retail for $560 . Are you sure it's a 2011 there is only a slight difference between the 2011 and 2010 the spec are the same and may favor the 2010. The difference is minor and in the frame. Pull up pictues of each on your comp. If you look at The rear of the top rail you will see the difference. If it's truly a 2011 let me knoebwhere you bought it. I would like see if they have another.

#9 ·
It's a 2011, the brown one with white Rims. They were sold out of 2010 and the red 2011. I know it is a heck of a deal. I almost got a hydraulic disc durango for a little over 500. I bought it from bike shop in mass. It seems like he takes 30-35% off list. I also bought some shamano 520 spd for $25.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.