Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trade? A DJ bike for a DH bike?

652 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  IndecentExposure 
#1 ·
It pains me to say this, but i guess i have to admit it. after years and years of being focused on DJ's, following my move our here the closest my Dj bike has been to a ride is heading up to the store.

I'm just frankly not as into it as i used to be, i'm not that enthralled with the ones i've found, and well, i'd really just rather be up at the resorts.

I had a ton of fun with it though, won some midwestern mountaincross races, and loved it enough to invest a nasa scale budget into the machine, which is why i think this has an off chance of working.

I've gotten 10ish days of ridding in at sol vista and wp so far, and as much as i love my bottlerocket, i do yearn for something bigger.

so what might ya have and what sort of trade might ya be interested in?

this isn't a completely current photo of the rig, some parts are different now. its a custom color 06 blkmrkt mob, vert dropout with a lowered fox 36rc2 float. weighs 28 pounds in its current config.

See less See more
#3 ·
IndecentExposure said:
What do you expect in equivalent trade dollars wise? In my experience, DH bike are 4x the cost.
i dunno, what do you got?

DH bike may not necessarily be 4x the cost, i've sunk well over $4g into this dj bike, it has some stupid expansive parts on it like king hubs, dura ace cassette, etc.

i'm just kind of throwing it out there yaknow. maybe somebody doesn't ride DH anymore and would give their left nut for a nice dual slalom bike? i dunno.

#6 ·
nOOby said:
Seems like you should list the current build then. So people can compare the parts.
okay, here we go:

blk mrkt mob frame, 21.5", vert dropouts, custom "dirty raw matte clearcoat". 1 of 4 built
fox float 36rc2 fork, lowered to 80mm travel using fox spacers, i forget what year, last year of the bolt on axle.

drivetrain:
gravity light cranks and bb
easton pedals
34t e.13 ring
e.13 lg1 chainguide
duraace 12-23 cassette
duraace chain (new)
x.9 short cage der
x.9 shifter

wheels:
alex dx32 rims
kenda small block 8 kevlar bead tires (2.5f, 2.3r)
king hubs (iso 20mm front, universal rear, qr)
dt swiss revolution spokes (36)
dt swiss brass nips
magic tubes (no flats since 2007, i dfn why???)

cockpit:
thomson elite stem, 50mm
thomson topcap, drilled for hollow bolt and steertube brake routing
nempro bars (29" wide, 3" rise)
blkmrkt nuckles seat
thomson seatpost, cut
lizard skins north shore lock on grips
diety end caps

magura marta sl brakes
goodridge lines
6" shimano rotors
fairly new pads

no stickers on anything, color stripped from all parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.