Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Wanna share my Flite build

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  highdelll 
#1 ·

Put this baby together with a Light DH attitude, since I bought the whole bike last year and took it to NorthStar a few times with no problems. I thought a few upgrades would suit the park and the bike better. Actually, the only thing left from the original bike is the frame, headset, seatpost and fork! :rolleyes:

What do you guys think? The spring rate can be changed to a higher one if ever I want to take it to a trail that has some climbing.

Here are the specs:
Syncros 29" handlebars
Syncros 50mm DH Stem
Avid Juicy 7
Front Saint 203 Rotors/ Rear Avid G3 203 Rotors
SLX Drivetrain (Front & rear derailleur, Crank, Shifters)
SRAM 970 DH Casette
SRAM PC-991 Chain
Sette Strike DH saddle
BBG Bash guard
Truvative Team Shift guide
Sun Ringle Equalizer 31 Rims w/ front 20mm thru axle and 12mm rear hub
Intense 2.5 tires on front
WTB Dissent 2.5 tires on rear
Fox Van R rear shock
Rock Shox Domain 318 Fork

I havent taken it up to the any lift accessed trails yet since its snow season. Snow has been pretty awesome here at Tahoe BTW!

But it handles the local DH trails alot better than expected.

I bought the whole bike cause I had some extra cash and wanted to see how Sette's heaviest duty bike (at the time) would work out. I thought taking it to the park would be a good start.

See less See more
#13 ·
I had mine at 6" when I first got it and then changed it to 5" just to play around. It did feel different. Seemed stiffer, climbed better and pedaled on the flats easier. Not a huge change but something you can feel. I think I'll leave it at 5 until it's time to take on the bigger stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.