Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Paint schemes...

10K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Zero260 
#1 ·
Hello All...

Just wondering... how do paint schemes on Trek bikes work? Does a specific model/year only come in 1 color, or a select few that you get to choose? I'm trying to find pics of the 2010 4300s and have had no luck so far, except for someone's green...

Thanks!

#3 ·
OSOK said:
Hello All...

Just wondering... how do paint schemes on Trek bikes work? Does a specific model/year only come in 1 color, or a select few that you get to choose? I'm trying to find pics of the 2010 4300s and have had no luck so far, except for someone's green...

Thanks!
First off, you likely won't find any pictures of a 2010 4300. You're a little early yet. The 10 models won't be revealed for the most part until after the 09 Interbike Show in late September. Unless of course a given model is designated for "early release". Which is possible, but we're still a bit early for that yet too. So anything you find will likely be a "spy" shot. As for how the color schemes work there are usually one or two colors that are available for a specific bike. Just depends on the company. Some years a given model will have only one scheme some years there may be two, sometimes three, but very rarely. For 09 the 4300 had three schemes, one of those rarities, Matte Black, Silver/Black Chrome, and Matte Orange. Next year, who knows! The 08 4300 only came in two color combos, Matte Orage/Warm Silver and the same Silver/Black Chrome scheme as this year. If a color scheme is popular they will often carry it over to the next model year.

Anyway, I work for a Trek dealer and we don't even have any info on the 2010 bikes yet. Should be getting release dates for specific models here pretty soon. But we likely won't see that for about a month or so yet.

Good Dirt

#5 ·
I've seen some preview pics (illustrations not photos) of the 2010 road bike paint schemes - lots of logos everywhere, like the Spesh bikes. Not my cup of tea so I hope to get an 08 or 09 instead - they've also downgraded some of the specs at each pricepoint, eg the 1.5 comes with cheaper aluminium than its predecessor.

#9 ·
OSOK said:
That's the glossy black... and imo, it's hideous.

I'm looking for the matte black, which im told only comes with disk brakes. If not, I might get the matt green... we'll see tmrw.
the 2009 Trek 4300 disk came in flat black they did away with it for 2010.

heres my 2010 4300 disk and my wifes 2010 Trek 3700

#11 ·
I stand corrected....

they early released the 10 4300 then! Not a bad looking bike. That's what I get for being a shop rat. They don't always let us know when the new stuff comes out. And we've got enough 09 inventory yet that we won't likely see anything with a 10 lable on it for a while yet. But I'd bet our buyer's got orders in for what ever is available for the 10 model year. So we'll be seeing them soon. Of course it doen't help that we do about 70 to 80% road and hybrid, and only 20 to 30% MTB.

Anyway, good luck with your search for a matte black 4300. If they did away with it for 10 your only option is for an 09. And I agree with Qatarbhoy, they're getting a bit carried away with the Logo thing on both mountain and road bikes.

Good Dirt

#13 ·
I went through the exact dilemma you are going through. I liked the look of the 09 but couldn't find one anywhere. I ended up buying the 10 model in black and have no regrets. The graphics have since grown on me and I love the bike. I'm pretty confident that I would have been kicking myself if I had bought the matte lime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.