Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Press Release: New X-Fusion/Intense Factory Gravity Race Program Announced

713 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Downhilldoug 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Intense Owners Group said:
PRESS RELEASE

X-Fusion Shox Announces 2009 X-Fusion/Intense Factory Race Program And Roster.

Here at X-Fusion we love racing and the lifestyle that goes along with it. After two successful race and media campaigns in North America X-Fusion has decided to take it to another level. We are going International!

We will have a four rider team in 2009 with two riders putting in a full worldcup effort and the other two making a positive impact on the North American race scene. We have joined force with Intense Cycles to make sure our riders are on the best bikes possible when attacking a race course or shralping for Theo Dilworth's camera lens. We are very excited to be working with one of the most prestigious and influential companies in the industry.

Our worldcup team will be made up of the X-Fusion veteran Ryan Condrashoff and the newly signed rider out of New Zealand, Kieran Bennett. Ryan placed 5th last year at US National Champs in DH and made a very strong statement at the two Canadian worldcups proving he can ride at the level needed to be competitive. Ryan states, "For me being on X-Fusion/Intense is a dream come true. I love working with everyone at X-Fusion. They're an awesome company to be involved with and now to be on Intense Cycles, I know I couldn't be on a better bike!"

Kieran Bennett had an amazing season last year with almost zero support. He was the 2008 Oceana DH Champion, Had two NMBS victories and was the highest ranked privateer at worlds last year at 13th. We are excited to see what he will be able to do with the full support of a race team in 2009. He also is excited as he commented, "I'm stoked to be joining the X-Fusion/ Intense team for 2009!"

The North American team will consist of new up and comer in the pro ranks Tyler Wilson, and myself, John Hauer. Tyler Wilson has been getting coached by the DH legend Chris Kovarik and has tons of motivation and drive that will help him continue his success. As far as myself goes, I am absolutely pumped to be in the position to help out X-Fusion and these riders grow together and have tons of fun doing it. I will be focusing on the events that I feel are the most fun and that challenge me personally.

This season is going to be eventful and exciting and I really feel we have a great group of guys. I'm also excited to have our Mechanic Mike D with us for another season as well as our video mastermind Theo Dilworth. Our plan for 2009 is to create a ton of media so people can enjoy our riding, our trips and our lifestyles with us all season long.

Lastly, I would like to thank all the sponsors that came together to help make this possible. Huge Thanks too…

X-Fusion
Intense Cycles
Six Six One
Royal
Sunline
Formula Brakes
Gamut USA
Intense Tire Systems
Crankbrothers
WTB
Dean Optics
Just so there is no confusion this is not the "Intense Factory Racing"program, however Intense is the official frame sponsor of the X-Fusions factory team.We are excited to be involved with this talented group of riders & top sponsors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.