Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rear Shock Neded for LTS 3

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  johntheroadie 
#1 ·
Hi All,
A mate of mine was at the local market and spied a LTS3 same set up as this.

But we are missing the rear shock! Any ideas on where I can find a replacement and any alternatives?

The plan to do this as a SS bike which should make it a fun ride.

I have included here some pics of the Frame. The Forks are going I have a set of customised Dukes for the front it has a XT parrallel pivot brake on the front, This is moving to the back, and a Cane Creek Direct Curve 5 v is going on the front with carbon brake boosters on both ends, Bars will be Eastons of my '09 9R ss i just got (its getting upgrades).

All shock help grately appreciated.

The spacers on the back I gather are to allow v-brakes to be used without fouling on the seat stays?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
humm....looks familar

I agree with what you say about the spacers on the rear. Just like mine, the brake posts are the old style and welded on at an angle to where you can't use V-brakes (the arms won't clear). I've never seen one done that way before though...I just use cantilevers on mine.

This is the older LTS and does not use the trunion mounted shock. You'll need a shock with an eye-to-eye length of 5.25 inches. You might luck out and find a used one, but they are far and few in between.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.