Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

When does REI mark Tule/Yakima products 25% off?

20K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Carl Mega 
#1 ·
Seems like I remember hearing that REI marks roof rack products (i.e. Thule/Yakima) 25% off once per year? Sounds too good to be true, but If it does happen annually, what time of year would that be?

Thanks.

#2 ·
you just missed it

I just bought a yakima viper bike mount ($130 for $99) just 3-4 days ago. Looks like they may have just taken it off the website just recently.

Zizzle to the Tizzle said:
Seems like I remember hearing that REI marks roof rack products (i.e. Thule/Yakima) 25% off once per year? Sounds too good to be true, but If it does happen annually, what time of year would that be?

Thanks.

#4 ·
Zizzle to the Tizzle said:

Thanks.
Rarely, if ever, does Yakima go on sale. IIRC, the recent 25% off sale was everywhere for Yakima's 25th anniversary. I think Yakima doesn't allow sellers to discount much. You can also try http://www.rackwarehouse.com

#7 ·
Rei used gear sales, usually once a month on Sunday, have racks up to 90% off of you're patient and can wait a couple months for what you want. We got two Yakima high rollers for $20 each in decent condition. I got a really faded one for $10 which just needed new wheel clips. They come from rei's satisfaction guarantee, people return stuff after years of use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.