Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Whyte E-120 - Conversion Candidate to Rival the Ibis Mojo?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Kirk Pacenti 
#1 ·
I was visiting a random UK bike blog and stumbled upon this news about the new Whyte E-120 FS bike - gorgeous carbon fiber frame utilizing the Quad suspension design (a la Marin).

And it got me to thinking about all those Ibis Mojo conversion threads/ideas.

Could this be an even better alternative to the Mojo in terms of an all carbon fiber trail bike 650b conversion candidate?

Man o Man would it be wicked fun to try out that's for sure!

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Cheers,

Mark

See less See more
#2 ·
Those are some seriously thick looking bikes, also SICK looking.

They always reminded me of my motorcross days. I would love to pick up a Marin for my next bike and swing it to a 650B conversion, but that Whyte really has caught my eye recently, too bad no real easy way to get them in the states. At least I don't think there is, but I may be wrong, its been known to happen.:p

#3 ·
I think the rubberized paint on the Mojo SL and slightly better cable routing is a bonus but other than that the Whyte is definitely better in my mind. It looks perfect for a 650B conversion to me.

What blog did you find the E120 on if you don't mind me asking?

#4 ·
why it was your blog actually. thanks!

Except the bike your blog wouldn't be as good as the bike on the Whyte web site since yours features a DT Swiss fork it looks like (unless there would be room at the arch and crown on that uber expensive DT Swiss fork).

Mark :)

#7 ·
Nice bikes!

Has anyone contacted Whyte directly about this? If they are seriously interested in testing a 650B wheeled bike for themselves, I would be happy to comp them some tires.

Fwiw, the 130 and 150 DT forks have lots of arch clearance. Kent Eriksen has been running the 130 on his personal 650B bike and says its got 12-15mm of clearance with a Neo-Moto installed. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

KP

#8 ·
Kirk Pacenti said:
Has anyone contacted Whyte directly about this? If they are seriously interested in testing a 650B wheeled bike for themselves, I would be happy to comp them some tires.

Fwiw, the 130 and 150 DT forks have lots of arch clearance. Kent Eriksen has been running the 130 on his personal 650B bike and says its got 12-15mm of clearance with a Neo-Moto installed. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

KP
And what about the 19 Trail with sliding dropouts, wouldn't be a perfect match ?!
Someone has to get in contact with Mr. Whyte!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.