Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Greenway Trails Summit 08

636 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  NEPMTBA 
#1 ·
To all:

This past Sunday hosted by one of our NEPMTBA members, our friend Loren Possinger of DCNR as part of the Pa Greenway Trails Summit held in Mt Pocono Pa a hearty bunch of 35 plus mt bikers rode 25 miles in the pouring rain on the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail to the Glen Onoko access outside of Jim Thorpe. Loren asked us(NEPMTBA) along with his son Jake who was the ride leader to ride and help out with any mechanicals along the way! He put me to the test by starting out with a flat tire himself... Lucky for us we were at the White Water Challenge headquarters and Evan was nice enough to let me use the shop air pump.

Along the way Scott from the 165 miles D&L rail trail group gave a great speech at one of the historic canal locks remains along the way. As we past the old White Haven race course I reminisced about that day and how much fun racing there was.From Mud Run to Rockport and the old gravity inclined plane at Penn Haven we all learned the hardship many had come before us endured. As we finished the ride at Glen Onoko Ty and Joan wanted a tour of the old Tunnel Hill Turn tunnel near the bridge. All of us soaking wet slipped and slid down the trail to view the inside of the old railroad tunnel. Soon it was time to go and we were all happy we had made the trex even if the rain was unrelenting so next time it's pouring and your sitting there doing nothing hop on your bike and ride. It's not bad once ya get soaking wet!... LOL!

Some of the NEPMTBA members along with myself were, Chuck and Tyler Kovach and Joan Slawich who braved the 25 mile deluge. Many other dignitaries were present. I spent a brief time between the buckets of rain with Jenny Case from Nature Conservancy our friend who NEPMTBA is working building trails at their Moosic Mountain Preserve near Dunmore Pa.

I would like to thank Loren Possinger for inviting NEPMTBA along on this great event and I hope next year it's bigger and better. It allowed us to expand our platform of trail stewardship statewide and I met many nice people who are very interested in all aspects of trail organization. I will be very busy contacting everyone who I met and events like this are very good for the mt biking community.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.