Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

knowing what size parts to buy

673 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  root_rider 
#1 ·
hello all! thanks for thinking about helping a newb out. that said, i have a monocog 29er that i am getting into the sport on and loving it! although it needs some tlc like a new headset and bb, however more importantly i cracked my seatpost clamp tightening it today. I want to replace this but i am wondering if their are different diameter clamps or some that wont fit and i dont want to get the wrong part? im looking on dans comp/ jensens what size should i get? thanks a bunch!

#2 ·
Look on your old clamp....

usually the size is imprinted on the underside of the clamp body. Otherwise your second and third options, and the best ones if you don't still have the old clamp or it doesn't have the size stamped on it, is to call Redline at redline@seattlebikesupply.com and ask them. Or borrow a caliper and measure the top of the seat tube of the bike. If you meausre simply get the size that is closest, but not smaller than your measurement.

Good Dirt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.