Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

weekend snow shots

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JeffSkisMontana 
#1 ·
somewhere in the northern tier and above 2000ft.........

some sections had a minor covering, others had and inch. anything below 1800 had nothing.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Did you like it?

The blower is so powerful it blew away away tons of dirt and exposed lots more rocks. I did the lower Train Wreck and Prick Trail sections and when I rode it yesterday it seemed like the rocks were bigger and better than ever!

I look at this time as another season altogether. After your early spring wet sloppy season, you get the grown-in season in the summer, then you have your leafy season in early fall (which can be cool), but then you get the buff leaf-blown season. A total new dimension. And last but not least, the snowy trail season (I like about 1inch best).

Then it's time to hit the slopes for some pinning!

#7 ·
OKay that explains it....

The rocks seemed bigger to me too!...didn't occur to me that the blower removed the duff and beginnings of some soil fill in around the rocks that I experienced the last time I rode Wild Turkey and Brush Wolf. Changing conditions are good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.