Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Felt Niner Pro

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  F5000sl 
#1 ·
Any thoughts on the Felt Niner Pro? I'm in the market for a 29er... I rarely ever see anyone discussing or owning this bike..

Specs:

FRAME 29er specific MTB frame. Double butted 6061 tubes with Hydroformed Top Tube, Forged dropouts, Oversized Integrated Head Tube, Curved Seat Tube, Replacable Derailleur Hanger, Disc specific
REAR SHOCK N/A
FORK RockShox Reba Race Dual Air 29 80mm Travel Air Spring External rebound,/floodgate/ compression and lock-out, Butted aluminum steerer
HEADSET Integrated 1-1/8" Aheadset--Cane Creek Type 45 Degree Sealed Cartridge Bearing, w/Custom Felt Spacer Kit
STEM One-Piece CNC Machined Cold-Forged Aluminum, 1-1/8" Threadless, 4-Bolt, 5 Degree,15.5=90mm; 17.5=100mm; 19.5=110mm; 21.5=120mm
HANDLEBAR Felt Butted Aluminum, 30mm Rise, 6 degree Bend, with Felt Laser Logos. Widths: 15.5-17.5=580mm; 19.5=600; 21.5=620
GRIPS: Felt Soft Kraton, 130mm Length, 30mm OD
BAR END CAPS N/A
SHIFTERS Shimano XT SL-M760 Rapid Fire Shifter, with Push-Pull Release Lever, 27-Speed
FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore XT FD-M760 Top swing Dual Pull
REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano XTR RD-M971 Top-Normal Version
CRANKSET Truvativ Stylo 3.3 Team 4-Arm Spider, 7050AL 44/32/22T 7050AL Rings Polished arm with hard ano teflon grey finish rings. Lengths: 15.5=170mm; 17.5-21.5=175mm 880gms
BB SET Truvativ GPX Team XR, Super Oversized Heat Treated Cr-Mo Included w/Crank
FREEWHEEL Shimano Deore XT CS-M760, 9-Speed Cassette, 11-34T
CHAIN: Sram PC-951 (9-Speed) Silver Outer
BRAKE LEVERS Avid Juicy 7
BRAKES: Avid Juicy 7 Hydraulic, Rotors: 160mm Front & Rear, Graphite grey anodized
CABLES: Felt Black Derailleur Cable Set
SADDLE: Felt "Facade" Race,Double-Density Base, Tubular Cr-Mo Rails
SEAT POST Two-Bolt Alloy Micro-Adjust 30.9mm x 350mm
SEAT POST CLAMP Felt Bolt-Type, Cold Forged + CNC, 6061 Aluminum, with Steel Barrel Nut, 34.9mm
F/HUB Shimano Deore XT HB-M756 IS 6 Bolt Disc, 32H
R/HUB Shimano Deore XT FH-M756 8/9 Speed Cassette Freehub. IS 6 bolt, 32H, Black anodized
RIMS WTB LaserDisc trail 29er 700c x 26mm x 32hole, Single eyelets, Black Anodized
TIRE Maxxis Ignitor 29 x 2.1 60TPI Kevlar Folding Bead, with Superlight Inner Tubes
SPOKES Black Stainless 14G/15G double butted w. BLK Brass Nipples

See less See more
#2 ·
Felt makes some great bikes and every time I walk into my LBS I just wanna walk out with one. This one looks to have a fairly nice build too, as one of two at my LBS comes with deore hubs, not even LX and to me that is pretty crappy for $1500.00.

#3 ·
I've Owned One for ~ One Month

I think this is a solid ride. The frame is super quality. Never any creeking or groaning - unlike the GF Rig I bought in February. Wheels are great with XT hubs. I think I should have chosen some lighter peddles than the Crank Bro 50/50. It is also the 21.5" frame size, so it has a little more weight. The only item I did not like is the 120mm stem with +5 rise and the narrow, low rise, non- oversized bars. My wingspan requires wider. I replaced with 711 mm, high rise 50 mm bars and a 17 degree rise stem. Oh, and the seat needs to be upgraded to a WTB Rocket V SLT for max comfort (I run one on the Rig).

As of tonight I think that I possibly should have purchased a suspension frame (Niner RIP9 or Turner Sultan or Ventana El Ray - not sure which) then built the bike with exact desired components. I preceive from reading other's posts that this combo would yield the all-around best bike. But, granted for at least another $1000.

I consider the bike as fast, well built & spec'd and displays very smooth rolling characteristics. Great on smooth rolling single-track. If you could get an end-of model year close out price of $1700 to $1800, I'd say it would be a great investment. But, maybe spending more for a more elaborate bike that you won't have second thoughts about is the right way to go. For me, I'll eventually end up with three 29ers although the Rig is now being ridden by my 19-year old son.

Hope all the rambling helps in some way.

#4 ·
Thanks a lot man...
Felt is actually completely sold out of the 2007's.. however if anyone can find one @ their LSB, they are going for about 1500.. I'm not all that fond of the green actually..
I am thinking about this bike or building a Niner EMD with XT/XTR.. not sure what to do at this point.
Thanks for the input though!! Great pix..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.