Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ah.....Dave

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  cactuscorn 
#1 ·
My sled was making some unusual noises the last two rides, do you think this could be the problem?

May be Tcheesy can fix this with some JB Weld and surgical tubing.;)

I also found this after the ride. What do you think is going on? There is no ding in my seat tube where it could be hitting. I am at a loss????

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
youch!
As the link bent it's like the i to i shortening so the cs yoke can hit the seat tube without necessarily making a mark on the seat tube. Scott discovered that with his offset drilled shock spacers, he dented his yoke at hard bottomout but it did not leave a mark.

Stiffer spring maybe?

#3 ·
krispy@go-ride.com said:
youch!
As the link bent it's like the i to i shortening so the cs yoke can hit the seat tube without necessarily making a mark on the seat tube. Scott discovered that with his offset drilled shock spacers, he dented his yoke at hard bottomout but it did not leave a mark.

Stiffer spring maybe?
I was hoping it was a product of the broken rocker and not my fat a$$. I dropped about 10 lbs in the last 2 months so the spring is probably not the problem, the DHX has been feeling very weak lately and will go to Push on monday.

#7 ·
Did you Dremel the notch in the rocker to fit the valve stem? If so, it looks a lot bigger than those that came from Turner with the notch already in place. But, I guess that could be because it is bent to sh!t.

Either way, Im sure you will be taken care of.

#8 ·
looks to me like bottoming induced damage crash. but maybe ya know that by now. what most folks may not fully realize is yous guys just dont go so many feet to flat, its all onto rock. yall amaze me that this doesnt happen more often as hard as ya are on bikes out there. thank gawd ya have bob buildin good wheels! sorry for yer pain. im not sayin stop, just offerin up some respect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.