Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stem issue:

725 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dirtyharry 
#1 ·
My friend bought a pretty darn nice rebuilt Stance Static real cheap to replace his MX comp, but even without the spacer the steer tube is too short. I've had a look at it, and with a shorter stem (referring to the height of the clamping part on the steer tube) and no spacers, the Stance could fit. He currently is running a Hussefelt stem with matching bar, and needs a smaller stem that fits a 31.8 mm bar, something roughly 2/3 or less the height of the Hussefelt. If his bars were 24.5's, my Funn Rippa stem would be a tight fit (if that gives you an idea).

What can he buy that is roughly the same length (from the bar clamp to the steer tube clamp) but shorter steer tube clamp as his hussefelt stem?

Incase you don't understand what dimensions I'm referring to, here's an educational drawing.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
dirtyharry said:
My friend bought a pretty darn nice rebuilt Stance Static real cheap to replace his MX comp, but even without the spacer the steer tube is too short. I've had a look at it, and with a shorter stem (referring to the height of the clamping part on the steer tube) and no spacers, the Stance could fit. He currently is running a Hussefelt stem with matching bar, and needs a smaller stem that fits a 31.8 mm bar, something roughly 2/3 or less the height of the Hussefelt. If his bars were 24.5's, my Funn Rippa stem would be a tight fit (if that gives you an idea).

What can he buy that is roughly the same length (from the bar clamp to the steer tube clamp) but shorter steer tube clamp as his hussefelt stem?

Incase you don't understand what dimensions I'm referring to, here's an educational drawing.
Harry

Have your friend look into the stems from S.I.C. they have the shortest clamp height and accept 31.8 bars and also 25.4

Hope this helps , if not our new stem should be ready in about 2 weeks !!:eekster:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.