Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

RP23 set-up ?'s for MotoLite...

837 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  budgie 
#1 ·
been running the RP23 on my new ML for about 2-3 hard weeks. ? for everyone who'e been fortunate to get a RP23 equipped ML - what settings are you running?

most importantly how much sag and in which mode are you checking it? Are you setting it up in ProPedal or non-propedal mode 4 or 5 inch? definitely wants to sag a fair amount more when it's turned off.

thanks for the tips

cheers

#2 ·
i set up sag to around 20 to 30% with the propedal off.

in regards to propedal settings...... the big but is that the leverage ratio is very different between the small ML and the med/large ML. so the propedal will be much firmer on a large and med ML. that said, I use setting 1 on my large ML and I'm 225. for crazy climbs or racing I'll do setting 2. I don't use setting 3. and the lever is easy to reach so I flip it off alot because I like it smooth going down trails.

#3 ·
Ditto to what demoslug said, except I'm mostly using propedal #2. I'm about 160 with gear, and 25% sag translates to 100psi.

I've had trouble actually getting the lever to stay in the #3 on position. 1&2 seem to stay in place okay, but #3 doesn't seem to have as firm a detent. Anyone else had trouble with this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.