Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

6pack build,how I can do..........

631 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  tscheezy 
#1 ·
Hi,I need a 26 th small ring .I picked up from stab supreme a diabolus x-type cranks set singlering 36 th. bcd 64-104mm to mount frt derailleur I think I need e-13 dsr chaindevice,what the best way to that work fine ?
ps ,sorry for my english.
tanks.

#2 ·
Make sure you mount the front derailleur as if you had a 44 tooth big ring mounted. If you place the derailleur too low, the rear suspension (swingarm) will hit it. That's not good.

I don't know where you would find a 26 tooth small chainring for a 64/104. If you did find one, I cannot think of any special problems you would run into with the chainguide or installation. The e13 DRS is generally pretty easy to install and flexible to setup. Let us know if you run into problems.

#4 ·
Oh, I think I understand. I have not set up FR x-types before, but a lot has been written on this board about that. Generally you will get a better chainline with the least number of spacers on the drive side between the bb shell and the crank bearing cup. I would only add spacers on that side if you run into issues with the DRS. The DRS will replace one of the spacers anyway if it is a sandwitch type and not mounted via the iscg tabs. Look at the RF instructions (from the website) for a guide to the spacers or search the Turner board for "RF dues" or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.