Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Crankset/Cassette Upgrade

671 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CDtofer 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, I posted in the Beginners forum that I'd like to upgrade some of the components on my bike in the next month or 2, as I'm going to be going on the Michigander 300-mile ride this July. Thanks to the posts there, I've decided to start with the crankset, BB, cassette and chain.

I'd appreciate some opinions on new components for the drivetrain. I've got a Klein Attitude Comp that currently wears a Bontrager Race crankset (getting a touch chewed up), an XT 9-speed cassette that's going on 6 years old, and I'm not even sure about the BB. I've got a set of XTR front and rear derailuers which I'm happy with, but I also might up grade my shifters.

Anyway, my budget's gonna be about 500-600 give or take a hundred (i'm sure it'll be give). If anyone can give me any suggestions on components that will do well and fit into this price range, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks a ton,

Ross

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.