Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Pisgah Pichas

628 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Maida7 
#1 ·
A group of us headed over to Pisgah National Forest this past weekend. The weather was sketchy in Knoxville, but blue skies and sunshine greeted us on the other side of the mountains in Pisgah. As others have mentioned, the colors really haven't started changing much here yet, but it sure will be beautiful when they do.

The first two pics are from day 1-Laurel Mtn and the view from Pilot Rock. Day 2 we were more in the valley with river crossings and wet creek-beds. As you can see, the water was knee deep for Abby, my 5'10" roommate. I'm 5'2". :p None of the action pics turned out too well...I guess we were just going too fast! :p

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like you had fun. The weather is great this time of year as long as you don't get caught in the rain. Our seasonal trails open up on the 15th. Was that a stream crossing on Bradley creek? Bradley has got like 10+ crossings like that in a 3-4 mile stretch. The water was a whole lot higher this summer when it rained alot. She took off her shoes. I just trudge through and let my shoes dry out as I ride.

FYI: Pisgah is having a gathering at the end of this month. It being organized by some people who post on this site. Contests, group rides, camping, howling at the moon, etc...
It should be a great time. Check out the link: linky

#3 ·
Maida7 said:
Looks like you had fun. The weather is great this time of year as long as you don't get caught in the rain. Our seasonal trails open up on the 15th. Was that a stream crossing on Bradley creek?

FYI: Pisgah is having a gathering at the end of this month. It being organized by some people who post on this site. Contests, group rides, camping, howling at the moon, etc...
It should be a great time. Check out the link: linky
I'm not sure which creek, but it was on Horse Cove Loop I believe. The bridge that normally crosses was out, probably from the high water earlier in the year or last year.

It was my first trip to Pisgah, other than riding at Camp Carolina for 24 HOP and ORAMM. It was beautiful. I'll look forward to riding the seasonal trails.

I've already got the end-o-month gathering on my calendar. And acutally, Broussard rode with us this weekend. It was quite the mtbr crew--Endomaniac, Donkey all the way from SoCal, Broussard, myself, Endo's wife and my roomie.

Attachments

#4 ·
moonbeam said:
I'm not sure which creek, but it was on Horse Cove Loop I believe. The bridge that normally crosses was out, probably from the high water earlier in the year or last year.

It was my first trip to Pisgah, other than riding at Camp Carolina for 24 HOP and ORAMM. It was beautiful. I'll look forward to riding the seasonal trails.

I've already got the end-o-month gathering on my calendar. And acutally, Broussard rode with us this weekend. It was quite the mtbr crew--Endomaniac, Donkey all the way from SoCal, Broussard, myself, Endo's wife and my roomie.
I'm pretty sure that is South Mills River trail. A few of the bridges were knocked out during the big storms last year. I'll see you at the gathering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.