Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

A New Challenge...Riding Deer Trails

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  jonshonda 
#1 ·
So I am always up for trying something different and now that the snow has setup enough, deer trails are finally prime for riding. If you want an interesting challenge, I strongly suggest finding some of the deer trails w/ high traffic and see how long you can ride before you put a foot down. It is even more fun at night.

Word of caution, it is tough on equipment, but wayyy more fun than riding groomed trials imho.

Also, don't try to guilt trip me into thinking I am damaging their habitat, I was granted permission from the hdic (head deer in charge for you lamo's), he had no issue with me sharing his trails. :cool:

#5 ·
We've been trying to ride in some deer trails near me, a week or two ago I was riding just behind a large group for about a half hour. It was pretty fun, though I still hope we succeed in turning the trail into not a deer trail :)

#10 ·
So I am always up for trying something different and now that the snow has setup enough, deer trails are finally prime for riding. If you want an interesting challenge, I strongly suggest finding some of the deer trails w/ high traffic and see how long you can ride before you put a foot down. It is even more fun at night.

Word of caution, it is tough on equipment, but wayyy more fun than riding groomed trials imho.

Also, don't try to guilt trip me into thinking I am damaging their habitat, I was granted permission from the hdic (head deer in charge for you lamo's), he had no issue with me sharing his trails. :cool:
I was under the impression that with all the old codgers on here that pretty much everyone pretty much started out on deer/game trails. For us, riding game trails, hiking trails, and utility right-of-ways was pretty normal (and was seldom cited as illegal like it is now). The new trails are kinda boring in comparison, so I can understand the fun you're having. :)

-F

#12 ·
Ride on a game trail and becomes more evident and worn, and obvious, and pretty soon you've just cut a new bike, hiking trail. Take care where you do this, and it should never be in a State, County or city park. Those of us that run parks departments loath people who can't tell the difference between a game trail and a TRAIL, and which should be ignored and which should be ridden/walked on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.