mtbr member
    May 2005

XX1 top pulley cage/cable pull guide interference shifting to 10T cog

Who else has had this issue? Shifting over to the 10T cog the top pulley cage hits the cable pull guide which results in not enough movement of the RD to drop the chain onto the 10T cog. It's the smallest of amounts and a 3mm washer spacing the RD out from the hanger will solve the problem. In my case a different hanger from Banshee did the trick.

Cage hitting pulley guide (there is solid contact)
    XX1 top pulley cage/cable pull guide interference shifting to 10T cog-img_0394.jpg

Cage with new hanger which moved RD out 3mm (a washer will also work with my previous hanger but thread engagement of the RD is compromised a bit with that hanger)
    XX1 top pulley cage/cable pull guide interference shifting to 10T cog-img_0400.jpg
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have that problem too...you have a 135mm frame bike. I've asked my bike manufacturer to make me a custom hanger to support 135mm frame, but they've been reluctant to support this idea telling me it's SRAM's problem. SRAM will tell you to put a washer between the hanger and the derailleur.

Alternatively you can connect your chain and adjust everything to the 10T with the chain pulling down the pulley cage and it'll work for you, but if the chain falls off or breaks while you're in the 10T cog...your kinda screwed.

You need a hanger that's 3mm thicker...so basically SRAM designed the XX1 drivetrain for 142mm... 7mm wider than 135mm frame. 3.5mm is the drive side and 3.5 is the non drive side. Add 3.5mm or 3mm and your a 142mm setup on the drive side and it should work perfectly...I posted a thread on Santa cruz forum...but still not getting any resolution yet.