mtbr member

XX1 Grip shift - Accidental Shifts

Is this happening to anyone else with XX1 Grip shift?
    It takes so little pressure and movement per shift that I'm getting a ton of accidental shifts.

I also have 10 spd grip shift and no accidental shifts with that.

mtbr member
    I don't have grip shift but I have the XX1 trigger and it shifts so easy compared to the 2x10 version. It's crazy how light you have to press it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike View Post
    Is this happening to anyone else with XX1 Grip shift?
    It takes so little pressure and movement per shift that I'm getting a ton of accidental shifts.

I also have 10 spd grip shift and no accidental shifts with that.
    Don't take up motox whatever you do. Who knows what damage you'd do with a throttle in your right hand!
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    May 2009
    GTR2ebike, i suspect you're missing the 2inch long worm spring inside your housing.
    My shifting was very tight until i replaced the inner cable, not realizing at the time, while disassembling the shifter, the little worm spring flew out. After I put everything back together I was marveling how much smoother my shifter was, figured someone assembled it incorrectly or something originally.

Well, while riding, I found the shifter very easy to turn, but of course that also meant that any misplacement of the hand turns the grip, and shifts.
    While cleaning, I found the worm spring the other day, and put 2+2 together, hence me looking at these forums to see if anyone else had a similar problem.

I gotta tell you, Sram really F'd up on this shifter. The cable is VERY hard to change, the spring is very hard to keep in place, and worst of all these shifters are reported to have major breakage problems.

D- for execution on your XX1 shifter Sram!