k^2
    Flamingo
    Dec 2007

xx1 Crankset Price ?

Does XX1 crankset come with the chain ring already, or that one has to be bought separately?
    Most places advertise it around $285. Competitive Cyclists lists it for $285 and it says that it comes with 32 teeth chain ring. However I called a local bike shop and they said that for $285 I will only get the crank. The chain rings have to be bought separately.
    Any experiences out there? I am in process of building a hardtail 29' and I am debating between 1x10 or 2x10.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That's a lot cheaper than I expected, considering that X0, XX, and XTR cranksets are usually $400+.

mtbr member
    It should come with a 32 ring. There's at least two guys riding xx1 on this site right now and a few more have ordered it. You'll see reviews coming in soon.

Warrior's Society
    Per BTI:

https://www.bti-usa.com/public/item/GS2570

BTI part #: GS-2570
    vendor part #: 00.6118.054.000
    UPC: 710845713248
    speed: 1x9-11
    BCD (ring): 76mm (32)
    interface: GXP*
    length: 170mm
    Q-factor: 156mm
    color: carbon/grey

Carbon fiber arms mated to a forged aluminum spider with insert-molded aluminum pedal and spindle-interface reinforcements

Narrow (156mm) or wide (168mm) Q-factor and offered in either drive-side integrated GXP (24mm) or non-drive integrated BB30 (30mm) bottom bracket spindle
    *GXP (Giga X Pipe) cartridge bearing bottom bracket set sold separately: available in 68/73mm threaded or BB92 Press-Fit (either BlackBox ceramic or Team steel bearings)

*BB30 cartridge bearing bottom bracket set sold separately: available in BB30 or PF30 (either BlackBox ceramic or Team steel bearings)

X-Sync chainring tooth profile alternates wider, x-shaped teeth with narrow teeth mirroring the chain's internal dimensions to provide optimized chain control (optional, even-size rings available separate from stock 32T offering)

4-arm 1x9-11sp, 6mm hard-anodized aluminum chainring with optimized X-Sync profiling, alloy Torx chainring bolts, alloy M10/M15 self-extractor crank/spindle bolt, and pedal washers
    710g (GXP) / 650g (BB30)
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

metrotuned WoS
    jabrabu: The reason the pricing is lower than typical cranks is due to the single chainring. Essentially a single speed crankset versus the comparisons of high-end double/triple cranksets. If SRAM charged any more than $285 retail for the ss crank, it'd be hard to swallow.

k2: The LBS is misinformed, the crankset comes with one ring.

Let's just hope the 11/27 - 11/30 release is true.

Norðwegr
    Chainreaction has a few items in stock already, holding off until I can get everything in one go, I can't wait!

mtbr member
    The crankset retails $285 for GXP and $325 for BB30, whcih both include a 32t chainring. The cassette retails $425

mtbr member
    GXP = 710g, BB30 = 650g

Are these weights including the pressfit BB? What makes BB30 lighter? Why do frame makers make GXP spec'd frames?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord View Post
    jabrabu: The reason the pricing is lower than typical cranks is due to the single chainring. Essentially a single speed crankset versus the comparisons of high-end double/triple cranksets. If SRAM charged any more than $285 retail for the ss crank, it'd be hard to swallow.

k2: The LBS is misinformed, the crankset comes with one ring.

Let's just hope the 11/27 - 11/30 release is true.
    It does seem cheap though considering the DH XO crankset is SS and has a MSRP of $444
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra