XX1 Availability?

Printable View

• 01-27-2013
    RockyJunky
    XX1 Availability?
    Been trying to score the kit in a box xx1 168 Q factor trigger shifter gxp for a month now. Everyone is out, QBP has no ETA, and all the online stores that say they have it instantly say its back ordered when you add it to the cart. Can anyone from SRAM tell us when we can expect a mass shipment if these things? I have a new biking ready to roll all I need is a drivetrain. I'm super close to going with a shimano 1x10 drivetrain instead. Really want to ride it. I'm willing to wait a little bit, but no one can seem to get any answers about availability.
  • 01-27-2013
    dlennard
    There are a lot of kits on ebay starting at 999.00.
  • 01-27-2013
    Mx231
  • 01-27-2013
    RockyJunky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dlennard View Post
    There are a lot of kits on ebay starting at 999.00.

I can't seem to find these. They are all either the 156 Q factor (too narrow) or BB 30 types. I need 168 Q factor and a gxp BB. Yes their are some customizable groups on their for $1300. Way over priced. That's almost $550 above cost.
  • 01-27-2013
    Mx231
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyJunky View Post
    I can't seem to find these. They are all either the 156 Q factor (too narrow) or BB 30 types. I need 168 Q factor and a gxp BB. Yes their are some customizable groups on their for $1300. Way over priced. That's almost $550 above cost.

Have you called these people? When I bought my stuff from them, they had every q factor, crank length,gxp,bb30, whatever you needed.
  • 01-27-2013
    limba
    Here you go and for a bargain even!

SRAM XX1 Trigger Shift Kit-In-A-Box 175mm 166Q 32T GXP Crankset 10-42 11 speed; Bottom Bracket Not Included

edit: Whoops. All gone. They had them earlier.
  • 01-27-2013
    RockyJunky
    Haven't tried to call. I will tomorrow. Just wish someone from SRAM would chime in with some more definite answers. I know pretty much every bike company trolls these sites.
  • 01-28-2013
    mazafakka
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mx231 View Post

I bought from these guys too - great service, speed, and everything got to me well-packed and factory-sealed. Really couldn't ask for more.
  • 01-28-2013
    RockyJunky
    I really don't want to pay $1300 for this group. I know people have gotten it way cheaper than that, like in the $950 to 1K range. I know it's supply and demand, but this group shouldn't cost nearly this much. It doesn't have any front shifter or derailleur. I can get a full XTR 2x10 group on eBay for $1150. Which is what I may do.
  • 01-28-2013
    1-bar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyJunky View Post
    I really don't want to pay $1300 for this group. I know people have gotten it way cheaper than that, like in the $950 to 1K range. I know it's supply and demand, but this group shouldn't cost nearly this much. It doesn't have any front shifter or derailleur. I can get a full XTR 2x10 group on eBay for $1150. Which is what I may do.

What is your reason for wanting XTR over XX1, is it purely price driven? Or do you need the extra gearing? I know you are getting less components but you are also getting a lighter kit. Shaving grams will be more expensive then the money saved on going xtr over xx1. Factor in the simplicity of the 1x11 and not having to shift a front derailleur seems like a good trade off if the gearing works for you.
  • 01-28-2013
    mbco1975
    upgradecycles has all parts separately for around $1050. If they have the kit you want it'll be $950. You'll need to add the freehub body to that though.

I ordered a 170mm GXP 168Q crank from upgradecycles as it was the only component my LBS couldn't get or didn't have in stock. We were looking for them on the QBP website and it had an ETA of mid March. 175mm GXP was in stock though (this was on Friday).

As for XTR, of course it's going to be more heavily discounted and more available as it's a couple of years old vs a few months for XX1. Down side is XTR has a FD which is soooooo 2012 :D
  • 01-28-2013
    RockyJunky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mbco1975 View Post
    upgradecycles has all parts separately for around $1050. If they have the kit you want it'll be $950. You'll need to add the freehub body to that though.

I ordered a 170mm GXP 168Q crank from upgradecycles as it was the only component my LBS couldn't get or didn't have in stock. We were looking for them on the QBP website and it had an ETA of mid March. 175mm GXP was in stock though (this was on Friday).

As for XTR, of course it's going to be more heavily discounted and more available as it's a couple of years old vs a few months for XX1. Down side is XTR has a FD which is soooooo 2012 :D

They don't have them in stock separately. As soon as you add them to your cart and go to checkout it says they are back ordered. Only thing they actually have is the chain and cassette. QBP doesn't have the 175 gxp in either. They are getting shipments of 10 or so and they're gone within minutes.
  • 01-28-2013
    RockyJunky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-bar View Post
    What is your reason for wanting XTR over XX1, is it purely price driven? Or do you need the extra gearing? I know you are getting less components but you are also getting a lighter kit. Shaving grams will be more expensive then the money saved on going xtr over xx1. Factor in the simplicity of the 1x11 and not having to shift a front derailleur seems like a good trade off if the gearing works for you.

Reasons, I can get it right now for cheaper, I will run it 1x10 (which is what I ran on my last bike for two years, and their wasn't much I couldn't climb), and the quality is un matched. I just thought with the xx1, I'd be able to climb everything and not have to run a chain guide. It won't be much more weight set up like this.
  • 01-28-2013
    Salespunk
    I just switched off XTR 985 1x for XX1. Did not have any trouble climbing on my XTR setup with 36T front and 11/36 in the rear, but I did find myself looking for a little more top end in the races. I am VERY happy with the switch. Ended up on a 38T up front with the XX1 and it is dialed. Shifts so clean and everything is so quiet. Even more so than XTR Shadow Plus 1X with a chainguide.
  • 01-29-2013
    RockyJunky
    I've heard the xx1 and all type 2 derailleurs have had clunking issues. It seems when the rear hits the clutch threshold it makes bad noises. Never had this issue with shadow plus. I guess I'll find out for myself if I can ever get my hands on a group.
  • 01-29-2013
    Mx231
    No noise issues with my xx1, it's super quiet
  • 01-29-2013
    RockyJunky
    Bam, done. Found a kit on eBay, buy it now or best offer and the guy gave me a smoking deal. Thanks for everyone's help. Should have it soon. Can't wait.
  • 02-01-2013
    mazafakka
    Glad to hear, RockyJunky! Mine is super-quiet. No complaints here. Enjoy!