No longer 26

XX / X0 Trigger adjustment? 10-spd

Is the trigger adjustment worth the upgrade to XX or X0 from X9? In general, i like the change to Triggers from grip shift ergonomics. The levers do seem kind of spread out to far though. Is there enough adjustment in the top level shifters to dial it in for a better feel?

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

I'm Slow
    If you want adjustment you will have to go X0/XX, and yes there is loads of adjustment, should be plenty. The jump to triggers from grip shift will just be weird for a bit.

The trigger spacing is mostly due to the how much you have to push the bottom trigger to get to the next speed. XX will have the shortest throw, and search on ebay, its only like $20 for XX over X0

X0 keeps the Traditional "Ka Klunk" shifting feel

XX has smoother shifting with a slightly shorter throw. and saves few grams.
    RideSAMBA.com Mountain Biking in South Alabama.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrb02 View Post
    If you want adjustment you will have to go X0/XX, and yes there is loads of adjustment, should be plenty. The jump to triggers from grip shift will just be weird for a bit.

The trigger spacing is mostly due to the how much you have to push the bottom trigger to get to the next speed. XX will have the shortest throw, and search on ebay, its only like $20 for XX over X0

X0 keeps the Traditional "Ka Klunk" shifting feel

XX has smoother shifting with a slightly shorter throw. and saves few grams.
    Not sure where you are finding the XX's for $20 more on ebay. I compared X0 and XX for quite some time and wound up getting a set of brand new X0 triggers and brand new X0 rear derailleur delivered to my door for $299.68
    Broken down it was $139 for the derailleur and $159 for the shifters both "buy it now" options w/ free shipping from a large ebay retail dealer.
    XX single shifters sell for $159 on ebay. The derailleurs where more competitively priced but still pricey and most were slightly used. For my money and considering I don't race it doesn't get much better than X0 for my 5 inch bike that is set up for trail use.

I'm Slow
    First the OP had concerns about the distance of the triggers. XX has the shortest.

But you are correct in the eBay pricing, XX shifter set is ~220 shipped. When I got mine the price gab between the x0 and xx was different.

Also x0 can have a 3 speed up front, while XX only has 2 speeds on the front, do
    That might be a concern
    RideSAMBA.com Mountain Biking in South Alabama.

No longer 26
    Thanks All. Shorter throw on the xx sounds good. A bit concerned about how the 2spd front will shift up front with the xt fd with24/34 set up but am sure that can be overcome.
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...