Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Ive had my XG-1080 cassette on my Jet 9 RDO for over 12 months and about 4000 kms with no issues and seems to be still in good condition.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I purchased an XG-1080 in Jan 2012. I'd guess at 500 miles on it, cleaning and lubing drive-train every week or so. Last couple rides been noticing a bit of a creaking in a couple gears, so I inspected it today and found that 6th has a full chunk missing (tooth and bridge broken out) and 7th has one tooth tip missing. The missing teeth are about 60* apart, so one caused the other maybe? Searching turned up this thread, thanks for the encouragement to contact SRAM about it. I'll see what they say tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Good luck and please update us on what SRAM says about your claim. I have read issues about the 1080 and although the weight is really light, I knew there would be some sacrifices, so I purchased a 1070 cassette for my daily use and limit the use of the 1080 to weekends or races. So far so good. I have cringed on shifting under load so I have been training myself to shift before a climb, but sometimes you just don't have that choice.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    SRAM told me to take it to my LBS to be inspected and that they should handle any replacement through SRAM..

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Update-
    Took it my LBS, West End in Houston, who was really great about helping me even tho I bought the cassette online. However, it is 1.5years old, and thus out of warranty, so I'm stuck with a broken cassette. :-/
    XG-1080 durability?-img_20130512_161149.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have switched to XT 10 speed stack. It is more heavy and it does not shift as well as my XX cog stack did, but its close enough. And I won't have to buy a new $350.00 cassette every 1 1/2 seasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2