mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Totem 2-steps and air pressure?

I bought a totem 2-steps and i realy like it. but in the manual, it's written that for my weight I need 95-105 psi...

But at this level the fork is realy stiff and I don't have any sag. I drop pressure to 50 psi to be confortable(10-15% sag).

The 2-steps and all adjustements work's great. The fork is amazing in downhill(Mont St-Anne, Québec).

But why my pressure is so low?

bog
    mtbr member
    SRAM's pressure recommendation is very high. I have a 2-step also and was running 30-40 psi lower until the fork broke in after several rides (it's still breaking in now). I've had to up the pressure about 20 psi since new to compensate for the increased smoothness and willingness to go through its travel. I'm a lot heavier than you so it might be more exaggerated at my weight but you'll probably notice the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo23
    I bought a totem 2-steps and i realy like it. but in the manual, it's
    written that for my weight I need 95-105 psi...

But at this level the fork is realy stiff and I don't have any sag. I drop pressure to 50 psi to be confortable(10-15% sag).

The 2-steps and all adjustements work's great. The fork is amazing in downhill(Mont St-Anne, Québec).

But why my pressure is so low?