mtbr member
    Oct 2013

To Stealth or not to Stealth?

Hey All,

I was wondering if it is worth going for the stealth model of a reverb? I have been running the older style, and it has been great, but i am changing to a different frame, and it will no longer fit. The new frame is capable of taking a stealth routing. From what i gathered, they are heavier, but the cable is more protected. I'm torn. I never had problems with the current style, but the protection could be great. it looks like getting a stealth is difficult, and a tad heavier. Opinions?

passed out in your garden
    How much weight?
    For me its a stupid question, because weight doesnt interest me, but lm guessing for you its important, so my question to you is "how much is too much?"
    and is the difference (in reverbs) more or less than the answer?

answer those questions, then you'll know
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyToast View Post
    Hey All,..................... it looks like getting a stealth is difficult, and a tad heavier. Opinions?
    Not difficult at all. I ordered one from my LBS (in MN) on Thursday, got it Monday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    That's a good sign about ordering. When I checked, it was on backorder. I'm guessing 60ish grams? I don't know, it may boil down to how the cable will route with the old style. Finding weights is difficult, and yes you guessed it, I am a addicted weight weenie.

mtbr member
    STEALTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is one of the times one has to throw weight out of the equation and just go with the cleaner solution. No more frame scratching, no more hose hang ups etc...

DO IT!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I went with a stealth as my first dropped and have not looked back. When they come out with a 27.2 version I will put one on my Epic S-Works World Cup as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyToast View Post
    That's a good sign about ordering. When I checked, it was on backorder. I'm guessing 60ish grams? I don't know, it may boil down to how the cable will route with the old style. Finding weights is difficult, and yes you guessed it, I am a addicted weight weenie.
    Where are you looking that says it's out of stock?
    Arts Cyclery has 30.9 and 31.6 for $370 in stock. Rock Shox Reverb Stealth Dropper Seatpost 30.9 125mm

My LBS price matched them and their supplier is QBP. By getting from my LBS, and QBP being local, I got it right away vs waiting for the brown truck.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Where are you looking that says it's out of stock?
    Arts Cyclery has 30.9 and 31.6 for $370 in stock. Rock Shox Reverb Stealth Dropper Seatpost 30.9 125mm

My LBS price matched them and their supplier is QBP. By getting from my LBS, and QBP being local, I got it right away vs waiting for the brown truck.
    I agreed even if they can not price match buying local from the face of a friend who is trying to pay for health insurance, support a family as well who will service the thing when in need is always the way to go.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Well, I happen to be a shop wrench... So I get a much better deal if I buy local I checked maybe 1 month ago, so times have changed.

mtbr member
    QBP has ALL the Stealth posts in stock except the weirdo 150mm 31.6 430 right option.